Thursday, October 28, 2004

Russia tied to Iraq's missing arms Does this really surprise anyone? This is exactly what Ion Pacepa (if I recall that name correctly) said had happened in an article I linked to several months ago. If I can find it I'll post it again.

John A. Shaw, the deputy undersecretary of defense for international technology security, said in an interview that he believes the Russian troops, working with Iraqi intelligence, "almost certainly" removed the high-explosive material that went missing from the Al-Qaqaa facility, south of Baghdad.

"The Russians brought in, just before the war got started, a whole series of military units," Mr. Shaw said. "Their main job was to shred all evidence of any of the contractual arrangements they had with the Iraqis. The others were transportation units."


Here it is, from the August 21st Washington Times. This also appeared in National Review Online as I recall.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home